Investment Banking Analyst, Associate, or Vice President - Infrastructure and Public Finance – New York City or Washington, D.C.
Siebert Williams Shank & Co., LLC (“SWS”) is the Nation’s leading Black, Hispanic, and Woman-owned non-bank financial firm providing investment banking, sales and trading, and underwriting services to large and complex municipal, corporate, and non-profit clients. With headquarters in New York City and Oakland and 19 offices throughout the country, SWS has managed over $1.6 trillion of municipal bonds in more than 6,000 transactions for the funding of education, housing, health services, transportation, utilities, capital facilities, economic development, and general infrastructure projects. SWS is a perennial leader as a co-manager of investment-grade corporate debt, a named dealer on more than 40 commercial paper programs, and a seasoned and successful share repurchase agent. SWS is also proud to have been ranked the #1 women and minority-owned (M/WBE) municipal investment banking firm for 22 of the past 23 years and to be routinely ranked among the top-three underwriters for largest average transaction size. Our diverse professionals are committed not only to providing our clients the highest level of value-added services but also to improving the communities in which we work and live.
SWS is seeking applications from junior investment banking professionals for its Infrastructure and Public Finance team. The firm will consider candidates for the positions of Vice President, Associate, or Analyst based on qualifications and demonstrated experience. The successful candidate(s) will be based in the Firm’s New York City or Washington, DC office, but will be expected to work remotely until our offices reopen. Alternate locations may be considered on a limited basis for very highly qualified candidates. Junior investment bankers provide analytical and quantitative support and generally assist more senior bankers to provide investment banking services to clients in the public sector. At SWS, all bankers are an integral part of the financing team, assume significant amounts of responsibility, and actively participate in all aspects of transactions.
- Work alongside senior staff in preparing proposals and/or coordinating responses
- Draft client presentation materials and memos
- Prepare graphical representations or various debt statistics
- Compiling municipal issuers’ historical financial information from public documents
- Preparing and maintaining databases on client debt
- Analyze historical debt issuance and debt affordability
- Performing financial modeling and cash flow analyses to evaluate debt financing alternatives
- Participate in active transactions
- Participate in presentations to clients, as needed
- Formatting, printing and binding of professional-looking documents for meetings
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures
- B.S. or B.A. in finance, economics, math, public administration, or a related field is preferred
- Relevant experience working in the public finance sector is strongly preferred
- Ability to use statistical and structuring tools (DBC Finance, WhatsBest!), Bloomberg, and other relevant applications is desirable
- Must be FINRA Series 52, 63 and SIE licensed or, for positions requiring less experience, willing to become licensed within 6 months from the date of employment
Siebert Williams Shank & Co., LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer: EOE/M/F/V/D.