Investment Banking Associate - Strategic Advisory / M&A
Siebert Williams Shank & Co., LLC (SWS) is an independent non-bank financial services firm that offers investment banking, sales and trading, research, advisory, and asset management services. We provide customized, best-in-class solutions incorporating comprehensive financial advisory, capital raising and risk management guidance with the mission to afford the highest level of value-added services to our clients. Dually headquartered in New York and Oakland, our firm is comprised of over 120 diverse professionals spanning over 19 offices across the United States. SWS serves a broad spectrum of clients, including corporations, governments, municipalities, and institutional investors.
As one of the nation’s largest minority-owned and women-owned broker-dealers, SWS is a perennial leader as a co-manager of investment-grade corporate debt, a national leader in public finance investment banking, a named dealer on more than 40 commercial paper programs, and a seasoned and successful share repurchase agent. All activities are supported by a robust secondary sales and trading platform, and a sound regulatory capital base. We are a SEC-registered securities broker-dealer and member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB). Building enduring client partnerships through integrity, experience, and results is our priority.
SWS is looking for a high-performing Associate to join its Strategic Advisory team to be responsible for building financial models, drafting client presentation materials, conducting industry and company research, and working with clients to execute M&A transactions. The Strategic Advisory group is focused on providing advice and execution to Fortune 500 firms and private companies across several key industries including Consumer & Retail, Energy & Utilities, Technology & Media, Healthcare and Diversified & Industrials. The team is led by senior Advisory bankers with over 60+ years of transaction experience with leading Bulge Bracket banks. The group’s advisory services include, but are not limited to, sell-side advisory, buy-side advisory, fairness opinions, valuation services and private equity and debt advisory. The new team member would be working directly with these senior professionals on a day-to-day basis on a M&A execution and client development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Financial analysis and modeling
- Creation and maintenance of trading and transaction comparables
- Business and industry research
- Preparation of transaction marketing materials
- Creating and preparing client presentations
- Attend client calls and meetings as appropriate
- Development, training, and mentoring of new analysts and interns
- Enthusiasm to be a self-starter and contribute to an entrepreneurial and optimistic team culture
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance
- Three or more years of M&A experience at a bulge-bracket, mid-market, or boutique advisory firm
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Competency with Bloomberg, Capital IQ, and FactSet
- Advanced skills in financial modelling of three-statement, DCF, LBO, merger, and consolidation models
- Experience drafting documents associated with the execution of M&A and advisory transactions (e.g., Confidential Information Memorandum, Management Presentation)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Siebert Williams Shank & Co., LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer: EOE/M/F/V/D.