Investment Banking Analyst or Associate - Transportation Finance Group – Infrastructure and Public Finance
Siebert Williams Shank & Co., LLC (“SWS”) is a top-ranked financial firm that provides investment banking, sales and trading, and underwriting services to municipal and corporate clients across the nation. With headquarters in New York City and Oakland and 19 offices throughout the country, SWS has managed over $1.6 trillion of municipal bonds in more than 6,000 transactions for the funding of education, housing, health services, transportation, utilities, capital facilities, economic development, and general infrastructure projects.
SWS is seeking to add an experienced Investment Banking Analyst or Associate to the Transportation Finance Group with our expanding Infrastructure and Public Finance team in New York City. Analysts/Associates provide analytical and quantitative support and assist senior bankers to provide investment banking services to clients in the public sector. At SWS, Analysts/Associates are an integral part of the financing team, assume a high level of responsibility, and actively participate in all aspects of transactions. This role requires a strong willingness to learn and the ability to think critically about multiple and diverse functions within the Transportation Finance Group.
- Work alongside senior staff in preparing proposals and/or coordinating responses; draft client presentation materials and memos discussing financing strategies, market trends, firm qualifications, etc.
- Prepare graphical representations or various debt statistics
- Compiling municipal issuers’ historical financial information from public documents
- Preparing and maintaining databases on client debt
- Analyze historical debt issuance and debt affordability
- Performing financial modeling and cash flow analyses to evaluate debt financing alternatives
- Participate in active transactions
- Participate in presentations to clients, as needed.
- Formatting, printing and binding of professional-looking documents for meetings
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- B.S. or B.A. in finance, economics, public administration or related fields is preferred
- Previous experience working in public finance, investment banking, municipal advisory, or with public agencies is a strong positive
- Must have a general interest in transportation finance and previous work with airport, seaport, or surface transportation issuers is a plus
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills are a must and good understanding of financial markets is expected
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to use Bloomberg and other finance industry statistical and structuring tools (DBC Finance, WhatsBest!) is desirable
- Highly self-motivated, well-organized, and willing to work long hours when needed
- Ability to prioritize tasks, react to changes, solve critical issues, and work independently while being team-oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and professional presence with clients is required
- Must be FINRA Series 52, 63 and SIE licensed or willing to become licensed within 6 months from the date of employment
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Siebert Williams Shank & Co., LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer: EOE/M/F/V/D.